The Lord has positioned people in various nations and regions who are crying out for revival. They are standing, seeking, and believing for a divine outpouring of His presence. I believe the Father is answering the cries of the hungry in this hour. He desires to show Himself strong.
I see eruptions of healing, miracles, and the goodness of God breaking forth in the midst of fervent prayer and seeking. It is key that we prepare our hearts to effectively steward the outpouring(s) that the Lord sends.
According to Webster’s Dictionary, an outpouring is: a large amount of something that is given or received in a short period of time. I believe God wants to pour out large amounts of His glory and power in regions of the earth! During an outpouring God emphasizes a particular realm of promises or manifestation of His Spirit in the earth. He pours out heavenly manifestations. An outpouring brings refreshing and a work of the Spirit that is richer and deeper than what is normally experienced.
“Therefore repent and return, so that your sins may be wiped away, in order that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord” (Acts 3:19).
Most outpourings emphasize a particular promise or gift of God; for example, a healing outpouring, a miracle outpouring, an outpouring of joy. There is always a divine work of the Spirit in an outpouring.
The voice of prophetic forerunners will go ahead and DECLARE what is coming! Before an outpouring is birthed, there will be many prophetic indications of what is coming. Churches, regions, and ministries that desire outpouring must tune into the voice of seasoned prophetic ministry and heed their declarations over the plan!
Amos 3:7 Surely the Lord God does nothing unless He reveals His secret counsel to His servants the prophets.
Once a prophetic word has been declared over the region, the Church must rise up and partner with the word! Refuse to let the word of the Lord fall on dull ears. Hear the word and act on it. Put faith with obedience! Second Chronicles 20:20 tells us to “Believe in the Lord your God, and you shall be established; believe His prophets, and you shall prosper.”
The Lord is raising up cries for outpouring and revival in the regions of the earth! Many have asked and wondered: Why am I here in this place? The Lord has sent people to occupy the dry ground and cry out for the rain! He is establishing prophetic people who will look beyond the natural picture and see into the realm of the spirit.
Zechariah 10:1 says, “Ask the Lord for rain in the time of the latter rain. The Lord will make flashing clouds; He will give them showers of rain, grass in the field for everyone.”
How to Steward the Outpouring of God
When an outpouring begins in a ministry or region, it is vital that we are prepared to properly steward it. Let’s not miss the plan of God for glorious experiences and encounters! Here are some thoughts regarding stewarding outpouring.
• Recognize the moment of ignition. Every outpouring has a moment of ignition. It is like that moment when the angel would trouble the waters of the pool of Bethesda; those who recognized the moment and acted upon it would be healed! We must recognize moments of intensity, when the activity of Heaven is increased in our midst, and ACT UPON IT. Do not let the moment pass us by. Let’s not overlook these moments of ignition so we don’t miss out on something very special.
• Fuel it with prayer. Prayer is critical to birth and maintain an outpouring! An outpouring will only last as long as prayer can sustain it. Strong and fervent intercession is critical. (Prayer is the corporate responsibility of outpouring.)
1 Thessalonians 5:17-18 says, “… pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.”
• Treat it with reverence. Outpouring is not sent for the glory of man but for the glory of God. We must be very careful not to touch the glory! It is something that God is doing and we must show reverence and respect. Outpouring must be led through spiritual direction and wisdom, not natural understanding or logic.
2 Samuel 6:6-7 says, “But when they came to the threshing floor of Nacon, Uzzah reached out toward the ark of God and took hold of it, for the oxen nearly upset it. And the anger of the Lord burned against Uzzah, and God struck him down there for his irreverence; and he died there by the ark of God.”
• Be willing to abandon plans and programs to host His presence. This is a critical point for local churches. There are many local ministries asking God for outpouring, but if it came would we be willing to abandon our plans and be flexible? An outpouring takes priority. It must be valued, and the leadership must be willing to make room for it. Outpouring is powerful but not always convenient. Plans and programs must bow to the power of the Holy Spirit! When God begins to move in great power, everything else must take second place.
• Keep following the cloud. An outpouring is a work of the Spirit. There is no man-made formula. Many people ask How long should an outpouring last? What does it look like? All outpourings are different! They are unique moves of the Holy Spirit sent to shift people into a deeper place in God. Those who lead an outpouring must be like children surrendering to the Father and following Him at all costs. There is an element of mystery in an outpouring as people endeavor to follow the Cloud and keep moving with Holy Spirit. He has the right timing, the right songs and sounds, and the right expressions! He knows exactly what needs to happen. The key is for us to follow Him.
Let’s not only seek God for outpourings in our region, but let’s also pursue wisdom when He answers us!